I updated this recipe to be dairy and gluten free, and took out the nuts and added coconut instead. I hope you enjoy these tasty, easy to prepare treats!
|from my instagram: @hippiemamatess|
- 5 cups of gluten free rolled oats
- 1 cup of plain coconut shreds
- 1 cup of dried fruit of your choice (I used orange flavored cranberries)
- 2 Tablespoons chia seeds
- 1 cup of dairy/gluten free chocolate chips (optional)
- 1 cup of organic honey
- 1/2 cup of organic coconut oil
- 2/3 cups of organic peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon real vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon pink Himalayan sea salt
- Combine the rolled oats, coconut shreds, dried fruit, chia seeds and chocolate chips in a large bowl. Set aside.
- Combine honey, coconut oil, peanut butter, vanilla and sea salt in a small sauce pan.
- Heat on low until the mixture is starting to melt together and create a sauce. Remove from heat and keep stirring until everything is smooth and delicious looking.
- Pour over the oat mixture and stir with a wooden spoon until well combined.
- Dump granola bar mixture onto a 17.25x11.5x1in cookie sheet and flatten by using your hand. Make sure to do this really well so that after it's done setting, the bars will stay together without crumbling.
- Pop the tray into the fridge for a couple hours for maximum hardening.
- Cut the bars into the desired shape right in the pan, then pop them out.
- You can wrap them individually, or to create less waste, store them criss-crossed in a large reusable container.
- Store in the fridge.
I hope you enjoy these yummy granola bars! They are really fun to make, and especially easy for toddlers to help create (lots of stirring!) They travel well, and that's a huge plus! Healthy, delicious, and easy! What more can a mom ask for?