These donuts take about 1 minute to mix up, and then just a couple more minutes to fry. Making donuts go from absolutely 0 on the health scale, to at least manageable is pretty easy. How? Welllll, because we use organic wholesome ingredients for the batter, and to fry, we use coconut oil. And omgoodness. If you've never eaten donuts deep fried in coconut oil, you are missing out. Missing out, ya hear?!
So, what are you waiting for? Unplug your laptop, drag it to the kitchen counter, throw on a fresh pot of coffee and get to cookin'!
Quick, Easy, Buttermilk Donut Holes
- 1 1/4 Cups Organic All Purpose Flour
- 2 Teaspoons Aluminum Free Baking Powder
- 1/4 Teaspoon Pink Himalayan Sea Salt
- 1/4 Raw Cane Sugar
- 1/2 Cup Buttermilk*
- 3 Tbs. Butter from Grass-fed Cows
- 2 Cups Coconut Oil (For Frying)
- *Optional: More raw sugar and some cinnamon for coating.
- Combine the dry ingredients, then add in your buttermilk* and your melted butter. Stir until JUST combined, you do not want to over mix.
- Heat the coconut oil on the stove top in a cast iron skillet. Once it is bubbly, start dropping teaspoon-fulls of the batter in. Let fry on each side 30 seconds (depending on how hot your oil is) or until they are a nice golden brown color and crispy to the touch.
- Once they are all done cooking, roll them in raw sugar, or a sugar mixture. Enjoy with hot coffee!
- *To make buttermilk, pour your milk into a measuring cup, and add 2 tablespoons of white vinegar. Let sit, then add into your recipe.